Thursday, March 31, 2011

drier number 20 in laundry room

So it was a regular night in Apt. 736. We did laundry. Roommate studied for her Bio test and big MCAT (medical school entrance test). Too much stuff to memorize, I still don't get it how people can remember so many words in their heads. She was sitting on the cushion put on the floor by the coffee table sometimes concentrating in notes and sometimes playing Brain Buddies as I was stretching out on the sofa with a blanket over myself reading a little book called "Goodbye Tsugumi". I can't deny that I like it when she stayed at home with me. You know, it always feels good to have someone to talk to, to laugh at some lame joke or to make fun of each other. Then she headed to bed and I jumped in right next to her and we talked (bad) about some people around us. She's always sound asleep when we're done talking. It's like when you feel really sleepy but sleep hasn't found its way to you yet and you turn the TV on or somebody starts telling you about something, while you're enjoying it you're falling into your dream. That's a way a good sleep starts.
About one more months until finals. We are three quarters through an academic year. Fall, winter and now spring, I've spent almost a year being a college student, living in Apt 736, having my very first roommate and getting somewhat close to her. She will graduate next year and go to med school. I will stay here until it's my turn to graduate. Perhaps when we are all grownups, these little nights we spent together will come back with a little laughter and have characteristics of a dream.
I haven't done much these days. How sad. Days passed by without remarks and I can't even tell them apart. Spring break huh? Oh, I did almost nothing if you ask. I want to buy some more books but have like 20 something left in my US bank account after paying my rent for April. My closet looks boring all years round. Winter is easy in a way that you just need to put on sweatshirts or hoodies with your coat and that's it, you're all set. Now that spring is here and it strikes me that I only shopped for clothes like once or twice since August. And I bet you cant find something that looks the least bit like dress up clothes (don't count my prom dress). Sigh. Maybe I should "invest" in clothes more. Just to look like a neat girl who knows how to take care of herself (even though she may not).
And I don't know why two piles of SaSa's clothes got dried but my only one didn't while I was the one put all of them into the driers in the laundry room. I like the word "jinx" which I learned from "Chronicle of the Wind-up Bird (which I wish I could comprehend), just the sound of it could make you nod your head without the need to look it up in dictionaries "this word absolutely means bad luck or something like that". Drier number 20. I will remember you baby.
I got Mướp hooked up with On Air now. Haha, I told you, it's the drama that started everything and made me wonder what I want to become.
Hopefully I won't forget to wash my bras tomorrow (washing machines only destroy your bras, you know). And maybe make my class schedule for next semester. Have to fold my clothes tomorrow too.
It's funny to hear roommate grinding her teeth while she's sleeping though it was so creepy when I first heard it.
I like the smell of freshly washed clothes.
Tee hee!



No comments:

Post a Comment