Saturday, September 10, 2011

shell scripting

So I've been sitting in front of my laptop from like 2pm until now trying to figure out how to write a shell script. Don't ask me what a shell script is, it would be another long story, you know, computer sci thing. Good news is I got the result I want, and even more amazing, in just 6 lines of codes. I really don't like this Unix class. I have the feeling my dear professor assumes that everyone in class is familiar with unix, shell scripting...sighhh. Straight A's this semester suddenly sounds like nonsense.
I always feel like hell in "Computer Organization and Architecture" class, which is the class starting from 6.55 'til 8.10 Mon and Wed. The atmosphere in that room just isn't right, it's stuffy and the lectures are seriously not attractive at all. Textbook for that class is another tragedy. I'm actually pretty good and patient at reading textbook materials, but this one, I tell you, it takes a real long time to comprehend its contents and sometimes I don't even understand anything at all. Thanks God we still have Google by our side.
And Benj walked me home again this Wednesday. So he found out that I'm 19 and I found out that he's 26. Man he's old. It goes like this "Are you a good drinker?" "I'm not old enough to drink" "Reallyyy?" [Nod] "How old are you?" "I'm 19. How old are you?" "26" bla bla bla. So there are no "young" computer sci people huh? Why do I have the feeling I'm the youngest in all of my classes. We talked about what he did in his past college days and how he ended up as a CS major. He said "I wish I had been doing what you're doing now when I was 19". I don't know, this kinda makes me feel good. We are still too young and we should all feel good about our 19th. Let's go through all these days with the pride of being 19.
I still have Java to read and laundry to do tomorrow. Have to cook some more dishes also. It's not like I'm intensely busy but I always have things that need to be done. When my hair gets to my shoulders, I will buy some new clothes. I lost some weight and almost every pair of jeans in my closet is loose on me. How sad.
Just wondering what it's like to fall for someone at this age. Hahha

1 comment:

  1. thi fall for someone thi r biet how it feels like haha so m toan dinh toi may ng gia ko vay : ))

    ReplyDelete