Thursday, January 13, 2011

in front of Arts and Sciences office, Lucas Hall.

So waiting is the most tedious thing I could ever think of. And as strangely as it sounds, I don't like to read when waiting at all. I read because I want to read, not because I read to make the whole concept of waiting less dull. That wouldn't be so fair for the activity named "reading", I guess. Why would somebody or something want to be a substitute for other? Well of course, I'm not talking about situations in which there's no choice.
I picked up the phone, answering my mom's call yesterday.She didn't sound very excited. But I ignored it all the way and tried to make some fun. I cracked her up for a moment but I don't think it would last too long. You know, family issue. My-family issue. Things are hard to change. They tried to make their points to me. And I have to say they are good speakers. Whatever coming out of their mouths always sound so reasonable, always get my sympathy. But when I'm done with all the emotions and cryings and after-crying headaches, I don't understand a thing they said. What I hate the most is I don't hate them. Sometimes I may want to avoid them, don't want to deal with them but they're my family. I am grateful for everything they gave me.
Kumiko shouted at Toru when she knew that he had no clue of her hate for blue tissues and flowered toilet paper and never made stir-fried beef with green peppers during the 6 years they had been married. "Blue tissues" and "flowered toilet paper". They kept hanging in my mind for these couples of days. What are my parent's favorite colors? What are their favorite dishes? What do they specifically hate or love for no reasons? Honestly, I don't know. For all those 18 years I live, I don't know. This upsets me like the greyish color of a neither clear nor cold day.
I still can't stand lame people.
Last week before spring semester. Another regular cycle of time is approaching.





No comments:

Post a Comment