Sunday, July 14, 2013

little recap

21 years. 1 month. 9 days.
I haven't gotten used to being 21 yet. Like if someone asked me how old I was, I would probably still say "I'm 20" and then "ooops, 21". How did we get here?
I know that question has been coming out of my mouth quite often a lot lately, but seriously, how did we get here? When I first arrived it Saint Louis 3 years ago and spent the first night by myself in the apartment 736, I thought to myself "so, here they come, the next 4 years huh". I still love that apartment as ever. It was so homie that I actually felt sad that I had to move to another place. I've never had that cozy feeling at all the places I've moved to again. They all feel unsettling and temporary.
I'm excited to be heading towards that no-longer-a-student-life. Along side with being terrified, of course. I've been a student my whole life. And teachers/professors always have a saying like "when you grow up..." or "in the real world..." and we're always wondering what it's actually like, how the real world is going to be and who we are going to be in that world. Now it has come so close or, we have come so far and I don't know if it's just me but I feel like everything is just about to start. What kinds of things, I don't know but there surely is a start. I'm still scared of the unknowns, but of all the unknowns, there must be fun and excitement, and I can't wait to see what will happen, or what I will make happen when I get out into the world that once seemed like a far far away land. 
I kinda don't really have any stories to tell right now. Just summer class and work at the library, not really doing anything else. I started watching Grey's again today and mann, it feels good. Kinda excited for the next semester, even though I've heard Operating System will be a living hell but oh well, last semester, let it be the final battle of projects. Oh, and I've been exercising everyday for 18 days, except for those days that I got home late from night class. I try to stick with it for as long as I can this time, at least until the end of the summer 'cause I don't know how busy I will get when school starts yet. 
About JL, I don't think he'll ever ask me out. He probably doesn't think of me that way. Maybe, we're just going to be friends who have long conversations on fb. It sounds really lame. I mean it's not even texts, it's fb. If we were actually living halfway around the world to each other now (which we soon will), it would be totally fine and actually kinda sweet too if we could still have good talks even though being far apart, but we are here now and I can't help but admit it's a little lame. Don't get me wrong, conversations are fun though. It's just the fact that it's fb that makes it sound lame.
Sasa will be back from visiting anh Ba on Tuesday and her mom's arriving on Wed. We're going to have haircuts on Thursday at 9 in the morning, which is really really really early for me in the summer now. Also, project is due Thurs midnight and my professor hasn't gotten back to me to clarify my question yet. All the functions are pretty much done but I need his clarification so that I can connect everything together and start testing. It was a little bit too easy that it actually makes me nervous.
I'm going to get off, brush my teeth, wash my face and get ready for bed. Will bring laptop to room and watch another episode of  Grey's and then hopefully I'll fall asleep. My sleeping hours have been terribly off lately and I dont want to get stressed out at like 4-5 in the morning wondering why sleep hasn't come yet 'cause that is the worst stress for me.
Night night!





No comments:

Post a Comment