Thursday, August 25, 2011

smart people and noisy chairs

Ok, let's face it. I haven't been too enthusiastic about school. Haven't been really concentrating on any class. That's bad, because I started to feel afraid. Those logic things in Discrete Structure (a class math) don't seem...logical at all when it comes to a complicated problem. Good thing that big guy was in our group this afternoon or I don't really know if I would be able to solve it. He's smart. CS people are smart. And somehow I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to do these things. Sighhh. That's me being pessimistic when encountering difficulties.
CS 2270 is like, I dont know, like a super boring movie that you have to watch and not being allowed to turn it off until 8.10pm every Monday and Wednesday. The professor looks like Dumbledore but his head is bald and his beard is short. Most of the time, I was saying to myself "let's try to focus again".
Benj is nice. He sent me the whole Discrete Structure book, the scanned edition that he got from the internet 'cause my book hasn't arrived yet. He's one of the few people that I didn't not-like at first glance. Anyway, we started to talk to each other this semester so I guess it's a good thing huh? I like to call him Benj (ben-jay). "Ben" is a little too short to call out for me though I never really called out his name. I like it when he smiles too.
Those chairs in ESH 107 are the noisy ones. Lots of people in that class are...quite big and they wouldn't stay still and those chairs would make some noise sounding like "Eccc eccc". That's what I have to hear during tomorrow morning class. Stay still people, and please don't steal my seat.
I'm going to take a 30 min nap and then look through some notes for the quiz tomorrow.
I got stung by a bee yesterday. First time ever. It was horrible for like half an hour. My finger was aching and numb and swelling badly at the same time. I screamed when the little insects put its sharp needles on my index finger. Hell yeah it hurt. Before this, I never thought of this but now, if someone asks me, I know how it feels like to be stung by a bee. You can call it an experience.
What are you doing there? How was "Long ruồi" Trúc mập?



1 comment: